Saturday, March 15, 2008

Is winter over yet?


Do you like my snowman? I make it when the big snowstorm came through where I live. We got about 7 inches. It was pretty crazy, but I was glad to be able to just stay home and enjoy the snow from outside. Well, except when we had to shovel. I really don't like shoveling. My sisters don't mind it, but I would rather do many other things. But while we were outside, we had a snowball fight (where my youngest got my face) and we tried to build a snowman. "It looks more like a mountain," says the youngest. I agree, but it is harder to make those snowmen you see in movies or even down the street. It takes alot of time and I just don't have that much time anymore.

And now I will talk about the things that take up my time.

First, I am trying to apply to scholarships and all that jazz. Oh, it is fun stuff. I turned in the FAFSA, but they need verification so we need to send in our tax returns and W2s. Yes, since I worked last year, I got to file a tax return. I got all 22 dollars back. Oh, well.. It's some money. I used it to buy one of my closest friends a birthday gift. Back to scholarships though.. I have been applying but I have not received any official money yet. This sort of worries me sometimes. I don't have any other place to go if I can't afford my dream college. I don't want to go to a community college. I really think God wants me at this college, but I am having a hard time trusting that He will provide the funds. I just have to have faith and just keep doing what I am doing, I guess.

It has been sort of weird since I have graduated. I just don't know what to do during the day sometimes. I will read, clean my room or just do other things that make me feel productive. And then, telling people I have graduated is sort of weird. A part of me forgets that I graduated early and its not May yet and the other part thinks I am still a senior. I have my diploma now though. I thought it would be bigger but I am still really happy. It is on our fireplace so it is on display. I am pretty proud, but still humbled, knowing that I never thought I could do it. God thought I could though. Sometimes, I am still trying to figure out what the purpose of graduating early is. I probably won't have a job until summer anyway. I don't know.. It's not like I miss high school, but I wish I knew what I was supposed to do now.

Well, I am glad I could find the time to write here. I miss it sometimes. You know what's funny? Every day I think about the things I could write about here, but I don't make the time to actually write them. I would love to just write about everything from college worries to American Idol, but by the time I still down to write them out, I don't do it. It is kind of strange but I guess that is the way I am wired. I think too much.. :)

BTW- About American Idol. My favorites are David A, Brook, David C, Jason C, Carly and Micheal. Wow, that is like half of the top 12. Hehehe. My sister is like the biggest David A fan and she goes nuts on the American Idol message boards. In case you guys don't remember or know who David A is...


Over and Out,
Brenna

No comments: