Hey.
I know its late again, but this time I will post longer. I tend to learn about myself when it is late at night because I would say or think things that I would not normally. Ok, what was first on that list?
College class..
So I guess I got a "A" in Politics and American Culture. I got a 95 on my final exam. I was like "oh my goodness, I got an A in a college class." I can do it. Its not impossible to succeed in a college setting. It's crazy to think that I could do it. I have never taken any type of class where I had to take notes and do extra reading. I never had a written exam before either. I did it though. I made it! I can't believe it! A part of me still thinks that the class was made easier for us and so we were set up to get "A"s. My parents say that is just me being hard on myself. They could be right, but I want to know that this class was a challenge. I like challenges. It makes me feel good about myself when I do something that I did not think I could ever do.
Giving blood...
Ever since I turned 17 and knew that I could give blood, I wanted to. Yesterday, I went to a blood drive with one of my friends. She had given blood many times before and she told me it was no big deal. On the way, I was slightly nervous but mostly I was excited. I don't have money to give to charities and so I always try to think of ways I can help. Giving blood is one of these little ways. I got there and filled out the forms. It took longer than I thought and it was probably a hour until the actual blood part. When I went to sit, I asked the technician lots of questions. Of each step of the process, I asked at least one question. I don't think he minded but I felt bad afterwards. It hurt when the needle went in, but not too bad. The blood sample at the beginning was the worst, because they prick your finger. So, I sat there and about half way through the process I got dizzy. All of a sudden I felt lightheaded, like I was going to pass out. My vision got blury. It was really scaring. I told him and it was like a ER scene. Within seconds I was laying flat and they put wet cloths on my forehead and neck. They told me not to close my eyes and I got kind of scared. My stomach was a little quesy but soon I felt better. After they took all the blood they needed, he gave a can of apple juice and I sat there for awhile. I was glad that he was really nice to me because I was still a little anxious. Afterwards, I realized that it was worth it. They told me that I can save three lives with the blood they took. That's really neat.
I am going to blog about the rest later. I don't feel like writing anymore. Now, its just reading time.
Here are some tibbits of my day- talking to college buddies, facebook, TV, fireworks (the best I've seen, they were awesome.) Today was a good day. I thank the Lord for the blessings I have recieved in a short 24 hours.
Brenna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment