Sunday, June 17, 2007

College. Day 2

Hey everyone. I survived my first day away from my family. It was hard. I almost cried when they pulled away leaving me to check into my room. Its better now. I already know so many people. I even remember names. I felt apart of this group after one day, I can't believe what it will be like after 2 weeks. I start classes on Monday. YAY. I am pretty excited because there are only 45 students here. That means that there will probally be 10 students in my class. That is like a dream come true for me.

My impressions of the school are really nice, it is def. a place where I could consider going. My feelings could change later, but this place is nothing like I thought it would be. The RAs are funny. They have a sense of humor. I thought they would be a bunch of extra conservative poeple, but they remind me of my youth leaders back home. Its nice.

Ok, on to what I did last night. After I unpacked, all the students went to the Green Center and we met the RAs and RDs. Then we played some games. The first game we had to find signutures for the things on this list. You had to go around and ask poeple if they could sign your list. One of them was "you have been on television". I signed that for a lot a poeple. This was a great way to introduce myself. After that we played "Wind blows". There are two students in the center of a circle and everyone else in sitting in a chair. The two people find something in common and say "The wind blows if you are wearing blue" or something like that. Everyone runs to another seat if that is true for them. The two left standing find something they have in common and it starts again. I don't really like running but this game was fun. I got in the center maybe 3 times. The last game was fun too, but I don't have all that much time to talk about it. I'll sum up the rest of the night. Beach ball vollyball, fun, hanging out in dorm, fun, rootbeer floats and rules, small group time, met the RA's for the girls and went to sleep.

I took a shower this morning. It was not as weird as I thought. It was nice. Well, now I have to finish my hair and do my make-up for church. Yes, I am going to church, unlike some heathens that I know(you know who you are ;) )

I may give update later, but if not, I'll post tommorow.

Brenna

No comments: